Tribute Concert & Hymn Sing
Sunday, April 30th at 4pm
Honor a loved one with music for a good cause!
Old South UMC is excited to offer our second annual tribute concert and hymn sing. This special concert provides an opportunity for you to memorialize or celebrate loved ones and friends by dedicating a song or hymn to their honor.
Donations will support Old South’s World and New England mission shares, an annual contribution we make to Methodist organizations that are on the ground changing lives here and abroad.
The program will include congregational singing of many favorite hymns, as well as special performances by some of the church’s most talented musicians in a variety of instruments and styles. Any of the following hymns or performances can be dedicated to a person of your choice:
1. O For A Thousand Tongues – Congregational Hymn with all musicians
2. Blessed Assurance – Congregational Hymn
3. Great is Thy Faithfulness – Congregational Hymn
4. Deep River – Performance by Jonathan Heath & Jenn Bobzin
5. Psalm 23 (by Bobby McFerrin) – Performance by Chancel Choir
6. Hymn of Promise – Congregational Hymn
7. For All the Saints – Congregational Hymn
8. For Good (from Wicked) – Performance by Page Axelson & Caitlin Beckman, accompanied by Adriana Rawlins
9. It is Well With My Soul – Performance by Handbell Choir
10. They Will Know We Are Christians By Our Love – Performance by Rev. Carol & Greg Van Buskirk and Old South Contemporary Band
11. Bring Forth the Kingdom – Congregational Hymn
12. Give Me Jesus – Performance by Rev. Jamie, accompanied by Rev. Carol
13. Blessed Be Your Name – Performance by Old South Children
14. A Closer Walk – Performance by Old South Brass
15. The Name – Performance of an original song by Richard Trismen
16. Amazing Grace – Congregational Hymn with all musicians
Even if you can’t attend the concert in person, you can still participate by making a donation and having the name of a friend or loved one printed in the program. As a thank-you gift, you will receive a copy of the program and a DVD of the live performance mailed to any address specified, whether to yourself or to a loved one you wish to celebrate who lives across the country!
Say “Thank you,” “I love you,” “Congratulations,” or “Thank God for the life of this special person,” through one or more songs dedicated to whoever it is in your life that has been a blessing to you, or someone who needs the gift of encouragement. Fill out the form below by April 15th to ensure your tribute is printed in the program. Please be sure to scroll down in the form window, click “next” and finally “submit” to be sure your entry is recorded.
Thank you for participating in the Old South UMC Tribute Concert and Hymn Sing! Please use the Donate button below to complete your tribute online, or make a check out to Old South UMC and mail it to 6 Salem Street, Reading, MA 01867. Write “Tribute Concert” in the memo line.