Our church is a pick-up site for Farmer Dave’s CSA. If you’re interested in fresh, organic, locally grown vegetables delivered every week, Farmer Dave’s is right for you. Sign-ups are happening now for the Spring and Summer shares. Visit Farmer Dave’s to sign up and learn more.
Why Join Farmer Dave’s CSA?
- The Food: You get delicious, healthy produce the whole season long – over 100 varieties!
- It’s Locally Grown: All of the vegetables that come in your CSA share are grown on Farmer Dave’s farm!
- Seasonal Eating: Connect to the local agricultural cycle by eating what is in season.
- It’s Convenient: Pick-up right in the center of Reading!
- Your Carbon Footprint: Your produce is traveling far less than grocery store produce, which travels an average of 1500 miles! (National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service)
- The Environment: We are committed to growing produce sustainably and keeping the farmland ecosystem healthy.
- The Farmland: “America is losing 1.2 million acres of farmland annually.” (American Farmland Trust) By investing in a CSA, you are investing in preserving our local farmland.
- The Economy: Farmer Dave’s provides many jobs and recycles money locally by purchasing supplies from local businesses.
- Hunger Relief and Food Justice: Over the past 10 years, Farmer Dave has donated well over 100,000 pounds of produce to area food banks and pantries including Reading Food Pantry, The Open Door, Merrimack Valley Food Bank, Catholic Charities Food Pantry of the Merrimack Valley, and Lazarus House of Lawrence.
- Saves money: To buy the same quality product received in the CSA, you would have to spend 20-50% more money than the cost of the share.
- Why not!